Saturday, September 8, 2012

Wrapper 41: Contrived premises, weak outcomes

Okay, that title describes most of these jokes.  But still.

21. Andreanett J., Gadsden, AL

The wrapper actually says "Gadsen" but I'm pretty sure that's a typo.  As for Andreanett, you're on your own with that one.

Why did the old woman tie skates on the rocking chair?

Because she wanted to rock and roll?

21. Because she wanted to rock and roll.

Yeah.  Lame.  You really shouldn't have a setup that makes it so obvious what the punchline is going to be.  "Rock" is right there in the setup.  Just weak.

22. Eric M., Chicago, IL

What do you get when you send a cow to Alaska?

Ice cream?  Ice milk?

22. Cold cream!

The exclamation point is [sic], and boy do I not get this joke.  I mean, obviously I get it.  But of all the possible answers... COLD CREAM?  I mean, yeah, it's not any funnier if the answer is "ice cream" and it's obviously much more predictable.  But... COLD CREAM?  Good God.  I don't really have anything to say about this.  What can you say?

This one was grape, or "uva" if you speak Spanish, since the wrappers are bilingual.  It actually makes me wish I only spoke Spanish, since the jokes are the only text on the wrappers that don't get translated.

No comments:

Post a Comment