Monday, December 5, 2011

Wrapper 37: Scrooge and Cake

187. Kristine G., New Bedford, MA

Where does Scrooge go to in New York City?


Weird wording there. Anyway, some sort of play on "bah" or "humbug" or whatever?

187. The Grumpire State Building!

Man. I mean, I guess when you hear "Scrooge" you think "grumpy," or at least they're closely related enough for this not to be completely ridiculous, but still. More than a bit of a stretch. I just would have tried to think of another joke at this point.

188. Sandra M., DeKalb, IL

What did the cake say to the candle?


"You light up my life!" Ugh, sorry.

188. You're burning my back.

Whoa, I retract that apology. "You're burning my back????" That is not an expression that anyone says, which means it has no business being the punchline to a joke like this. This is only funny if people say that sort of thing to each other, making it passably amusing that a cake might say it to a candle. But no, this is just idiotic. It manages to make "the Grumpire State Building" look good by comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment