Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wrapper 3: A g-g-g-ghost car!

Because they came from a Halloween-themed bag, the Laffy Taffy wrappers I've been using to this point - and will until I run out of them - are officially branded as "Howlin' Laffy Taffy," to go along with Skulls & Bones SweeTarts and Spooky Nerds. (Which might be the silliest of the three. My God! These Nerds are all white! I'd better run in place in mid-air for a second, my legs turning into a large white circle, and then sprint away, Scoob!) But for reasons surpassing my understanding, the jokes on the strawberry wrappers were otherwise normal - I know there was that skeleton one, but I've seen it before. However, the jokes on the banana wrappers are (a) entirely Halloween-themed, (b) unnumbered, and (c) single. That's right, just one joke per wrapper! What a rip-off. They also don't give you the submitter's location. Perhaps these are newer jokes that were submitted online rather than mailed in? Alternately, who cares.

What kind of car does a ghost drive?
A. Ockles

It wouldn't need to drive a car, because, being a ghost, it can travel by means of spooky ghost propulsion, or floating, or whatever. Oh, this is just a setup for a horrible pun? No kidding.

A Boo-ick (Buick)

I really appreciate that once again the people at Laffy Taffy assume you're way too dumb to figure out the punchline. "A Boo-ick? Like, a scary gross car? Is that supposed to sound like something? I don't get it."

Anyway, this sucks, of course, but at least it sucks in a pretty conventional way. And it got me thinking about what other car brands you could use in this type of joke. I think the best one, though probably a bit harder to parse, would be a Haunt-da. That or a Mercur-eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment