Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wrapper 4: Which witch

Laffy Taffy jokes may be terrible, but at least some of them try to be legit jokes, which I have to admit is not easy given the space limitations they're working under. More of them, however, are nonsense like this.

How does a witch tell time?
Jeanette M.

Truly a question for the ages. You know with a setup like this that some sort of pun is coming, so the question is whether it's going to involve brooms, or spells, or something.

She looks at her witch watch.

Ugh. Come on, Jeanette M., what were you thinking? Just because the words "witch" and "watch" are identical except for their vowels does not make this a joke. I don't think you can even call it a pun. It's not like "wish-wash" or some soundalike is a thing. You haven't worked in anything affiliated with witches, like "She looks at her wart-ch" or something. This is anti-humor. Not only isn't it funny, it doesn't even look like something that ever had the potential to be funny. I'm glad this was on fully three of the wrappers I have here at my desk.

This came off a banana wrapper, as will the next eleven until I run out of these Halloween ones. And there is some real shit coming up, let me tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment